Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.arts.tv,alt.atheism,rec.sport.football.college,alt.politics
micky micky is offline

Default STUFF IN TOILETS

On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 20:15:41 -0400, Zaphod Beeblebrox
wrote:

Disculpa Senora micky, pero did you really mime the following on
4/9/2013 7:57 PM???
On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 21:02:19 -0400, Zaphod Beeblebrox
wrote:

What about stinkbugs? I regularly flush them down the toilet.

Do you have a septic tank.

No

Do you flush them one or two at a time?

One at a time - alive but ensconsed ina piece of TP.

I must admit, if you don't squeeze them I don't think they make any
smell. I think one "source" said they made the smell when scared but
from experience, I don't believe that.

Is there a net of floss or cotton ball waiting to catch them and trap
them?

No that I know of.

You're probably okay. Sometimes an undigested corn kernel or several
comes out of me and stink bugs are only about twice that size.

i don't know what they'll do, but it never occurred to me to flush
mine. I took them outside and emptied the shop-vac on the yard.

You vacuum the *******s?

Was it last summer or the summer before that they first showed up? in
Maryland? I think it was the summer before. I had loads of them. The
radio said to put some water in the bottom of a shop-vac and put some
liquid dish soap into that, and vacuum them up. The soapy water would
kill them.

It took parts of 3 or 4 days and I had 200 or 300 when I emptied the
vac on the grass. For a month or two I would see a layer of bodies
on top of the grass, but eventually the grass grew and I guess they
fell down to the dirt.

After I poured out the first bunch, I continued vacuuming but without
the water or soap. I would stuff a paper towel in the mouth of the
input tube so they couldn't get out during the 24 or 48 hours between
vacuum sessions. I never saw one climb out thought the output air
vents, which surround the motor iirc.

Last summe there weren't many and I just ignored them, because they
said of a very wet winter, but I heard this winter that there would be
several times as many this summer. Sort of like a weather
report--who knows if it will be accurate!