Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default set a sump pump

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 16:24:39 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Apr 9, 7:14*pm, ted wrote:
What's better to set a sump pump in: crushed stone or gravel. I heard
crushed stone, but I have a ton of gravel (about 3/4") and I would
like to use that if I could.

I don't think it makes any difference, unless the size is so
small that it could get sucked in.

I don't think it makes much difference. With larger gravel, your
first attempt to put the pump down might leave it sitting on one high
corner, so that it rocks but a) after it's connected to the fixed
output pipe, it won't rock, b) before connecting, you can use your
hands to take out the high places. It will take an extra 5 minutes or
less. That's what I would do.