Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Something causing allergy symptoms

On Apr 9, 11:35*am, Robert Macy wrote:
On Apr 8, 10:59*pm, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

Thanks for all the great ideas and help. *Really appreciate everyone taking the time to post. *I tried to respond to each of you folks below..... *Keep 'em coming! *I have to put off checking this out until the weekend but will be sure and post any new info or cause that I find.

Bob
...snip...
Plus, since you have alergies anyway, get an electrostatic very slow
air flow air cleaner and place in that corner, The air cleaner will
remove irriants and the slight amount of ozone may be enough to kill
the source.. Anway, you need one ayway. Oreck makes a small portable
[expensive!] electrostatic air cleaner that's easy to live with.

** Allergies are only in June-July. Never this time of the year. Smell is definitely not any type of pollen, and has been here at least since December.

I keep going back to the electrostatic air cleaner. That will clear
virus sized molecules out of the air. Not just for pollen. Again, you
have allergies, therefore you should REMOVE any source of allergens.
You have no idea the potential medical problems that can be triggered
by continual exposure to allergens. One should always set up their
living space to NEVER trigger the body's allergic reaction.

By my logic, I'd want to identify what exactly is causing
the problem, if at all possible, before deciding on the solution.
If he has some kind of toxic mold growing under the house,
he should find it and eliminate it, not rely on an filter to try to
reduce
it in the air.

Similarly, if it's some chemical contaminant, like for example, houses
that had problems from formaldehyde from insulation,
then an electronic air cleaner isn't going to remove it.