Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] stryped1@yahoo.com is offline

Default New project and need more electrical help

My daughter is becomming a teenager and her and her mother fight over the mirror in the bathroom. My intention is to make two mirror frames out of red oak, stained to match the cabinet. (Currently there is one vanity mirror glued to the wall.)There is an electrical outlet on this wall beside the current mirror that will be covered up when using two mirrors. I need to move this outlet to a side wall. (Actually I want to add two more outlets, one on each side wall.)

The outlet that will be covered is in a chain to the other outlets in this bathroom as well as the other bathroom.

I have a crawlspace underneath this room but I think the wiring to the outlets is within the wall itself.

My first thought is to t off the existing outlet. However, as we discussed before, junction boxes have to be "acccessible". A permanently made mirror screwed to the wall may not be. At any rate for the mirror to be flat the box would have to be inside the wall, so not sure if that is legal or would work.

How would you do this?