Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The fixed nut is broken on my Columbian c i vise. What is bestway to repair

On Apr 8, 7:04*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 18:04:52 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Apr 8, 6:03*pm, jon_banquer wrote:
* *I have a number of
vises, but the Columbian is the one I like best.

Dan

Live a little. You have plenty of time not that Ed has you in his kill
file. Buy a forged vise.

And what brand of forged vise would you recommend and why would that
be better than the Columbian?

Dan

Wilton, Columbian, Prentiss, Parker, Dawn, etc etc

Most of Wilton's stuff is now made in China. You are only buying a
name that use to mean something and no longer does. I can't speak to
the rest of the names you mentioned.