Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Roots in the Sewer Follow-On Question

On 4/7/2013 4:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

One time I did have a problem, but it was cause by the electric
company putting in a pole and breaking my line. They paid all the
repair costs.

The gas utility replaced some of the gas lines in a suburb with a
directional drill along the street - starts maybe 30 degrees from
horizontal then turns to horizontal. They drilled through at least one
sewer line and their new plastic gas line crossed inside a house sewer
to the street. Homeowner had the sewer 'cleaned' and the cutter cut
through the gas line, which is higher pressure than gas pipes in houses.
The mechanic smelled gas, got everyone out of the house, and the house
blew up.

The gas utility 'paid all the repair costs'.