Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Cell phone app for IR Remote control code capture?

On 4/8/2013 6:40 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
I'd guess that if the phone can send IR, it can also receive it.

The sensor could -- but there would have to be hardware and software
designed for reception.

The way I checked mine was to power up a Dell Axim X51v and send the phone
a file by IR. It beeped and saved the file.
I'd call that conclusive for the Trio 850.
Actually making use of that in user space is unlikely.
If you have the tools to write driver code, should be pretty easy.

I expect that the camera frame rate is way too slow to
capture the timing.

I believe IR remotes operate in the 100kHz range.

Some, but much consumer stuff is/was around 38KHz.
There are some "standards" that don't seem to be well followed.

More info on the end objective would be helpful.