Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] thereclaimedbarnwoodcompany@gmail.com is offline

Default Calling All Inventors. Fridge as dehumidifier.

It didn't work. The fridge will not fit in the space so the lines run threw the walls of are kiln and the fridge. Inside there is probably 40' of line in the kiln and 60' outside which is mostly coiled up in the freezer and fridge dumping back into a bucket of water that recirculates. The problem is the water heats up faster than it is cooling and the water in the fridge is around 60. I own a reclaimed lumber business and need to get are wood kilned before we make our furniture and flooring. Problem for me is they don't make a dehumidifier for these temps without a heater built in which jacks the price of the unit up. Might retry this with a deep freeze freezer before giving up. As long as the cost is lower than $700 per month it will still be profitable to make are own. Any other suggestions are appreciated.