Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Headlights

On 08/04/13 03:03, Martin Eastburn wrote:

snip

I have not heard about bulbs designed to mimic HIDs. I guess I am not
surprised if the goal is to make a cheap headlight look like an
expensive
one. Certainly the true HIDs are very annoying.

What I find particularily annoyong are the blue lights that police cars
usually have--they're incredibly distracting as it is, and also cause
significant tempory visual impairment lasting for a few seconds after
one
passes by.

And to have one come at you in a heavy fog - fog blind easily.

They were popular in Germany -

They were banned on passenger cars as a retrofit in California and then
when the German Imports - they folded.

Martin

I've read that the OE HID installations have to be self levelling
probably to reduce dazzling other road users. I think many of the after
market HID installations don't have self levelling and so are illegal
for road use in many places.