Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT While are eggs becoming more pointy?

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 19:53:29 -0500, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

On 4/6/13 11:08 PM, micky wrote:
OT While are eggs becoming more pointy?

I googled this, but all I found were pages about why one should store
eggs pointy end down. But I've noticed in the last year or two that
eggs from the grocery store are a lot more pointy at the pointy end.

Anyone know why??

Skinny hens?

Perhaps this is a a home repair question. Does anyone know how to
repair an egg that has been stored pointy end up? grin

Does this help? http://tinyurl.com/c3ou7pz

Yes, it helps a lot to answer my first question. And it pretty much
agrees with Attila, though I don't know why the chickens involved here
would be more fit. The eggs are not labeled as free range or
anything, and I've read that even with free-range chickens, most never
go outside the coop. I should say that the eggs i buy are standard
eggs with no special labeling, jumbo size**, sold by Giant Foods in
Baltimore. I don't know where they come from before that.

All the other answers were helpful too, especially Gonjah's
http://aftermathnews.files.wordpress...onsanto-gm.jpg
..

**But I've always bought jumbo. My mother told me 40 years ago that
if the price difference for the next larger size is 10 cents or less,
it's worth buying the larger size. Every time I've checked, that's
been true, all the way up to jumbo, expecially allowing for inflation,
which would make the amount at least 20 cents by now. .