Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Machining Question

"Pete C." wrote in message ...

RogerN wrote:

snip

Do you know how long it takes to completely machine
a lower using the Ray-Vin guide?

Nope, but close. I use the 30% lowers from TM, so that saves the magwell
and decking steps. The 30s take most of a day to machine on a manual
mill working at a careful pace with lunch and dinner breaks. A good
chunk of the time is the 8 or so setups and getting each one indicated
and edge located.

I have one lower raw forging now and 4 more that have been on order since
early February. I'm hoping the other 4 come in and I can machine them as a
batch of 5. I would like to machine them all to the 80% stage so I could
legally sell some if I wanted to. I could complete however many I think I
wanted to keep. I now have one rifle and one carbine less lowers, would
like to also get a 300 blackout, I hear barrel and ammo is the only
difference from the .223/5.56. An area gun shop had a Bushmaster 450 upper,
I'm not sure what cartridge they shoot.

RogerN