Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roots in the Sewer Follow-On Question

On Apr 7, 5:35*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 13:19:46 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Apr 7, 3:52*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 13:58:43 -0400, mcp6453 wrote:
Rather than hijack the prior thread, I'll start a new one. The three toilets in
my home seem to be a little sluggish when they flush. Because of the layout of
the property, I don't think there is a problem with roots in the sewer line to
the street, but that could be wrong. Should I get a plumber to snake a camera
down the line to look for roots? If not, what should I do first?

Our local gas utility just sent a post card invitation for us to pay them $4 per
month for sewer line insurance. Maybe I should buy that insurance before I do
anything.

What would that insurance cover? *Is it specifically for your property
and your sewer line?

Good question. *And assuming it covers problems like
roots or replacement, then for sure I'd get the insurance
before doing anything else. * Then at some point, it could
be cleaned out and inspected. *Could be just some routine
blockage or roots, or a failing line. * Possibilities depend on
how old it is, trees, all stuff we don't know

I have to ask why a gas utility offers insurance for a sewer line?
Both are different utilities here. Not one company, but two.- Hide quoted text -

Good point, I missed that part