Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default GE Microwave JVM1540DM3WW Everything but Heat

"amdx"

I have a working Frigidaire microwave that was manufactured in 1983.
The specs say 1.38 KW 120V 60HZ, a little odd, now it would be amps not
KW. Don't know about the output power, nothing on the unit, and the owners
manual says nothing about the power. The model number is MC800M,
I would think 800W is to low for the output power. But, I'm curious what
is the efficiency of a magnetron?

** My Samsung MB245 is rated at 1000W and has a nameplate consumption of
1650W.

The AC current draw is 7 amps at 240V.

..... Phil