Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default Unisaw arbor bearing replacement

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 13:37:55 -0700, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

You are going to take the arbor and bearings to the arbor press,
not the other way around.

Lew

Actually I won't. I'll be using a bearing separator/puller to remove the bearing
nearest the blade and I believe I can use it to slide the new bearing home as
well.
I've had a set of these for about 5 yrs, used the small one once, the neighbor
has used them a couple of times. They work great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R25zsdW8Ewo

Here's a photo of a Unisaw arbor shaft with the bearing in place:
http://web.archive.org/liveweb/http:...om/arbor_2.gif

Also, I WILL NOT be changing mine out in the manner this guy did either ;-)
http://lumberjocks.com/Bothus/blog/11219

always nice to learn from other's mistakes...