Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default Unisaw arbor bearing replacement

On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 12:26:22 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 4/6/2013 12:02 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 09:51:50 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 4/6/2013 8:40 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

What I'm actually more worried about is the weight of the top (I'll be doing
this solo). With the wing removed I believe I can manage it. Any idea what the
weight of the top is?

It will be heavy, but that is relative. I would imagine in the 100lbs
range.

But if you do pull that top off there will probably be shims at each or
some of the corners between the top and the cabinet. You will want to
make sure that they go back in the right place.

With a bright flashlight and reading glasses I found 3 of the 4 large cap screws
do indeed have shims, a couple have multiple shims. I was expecting thin metal
shims but they appear to be some sort of amber phenolic material varying in
thickness.