Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Made a "Forklift Scale" for the working poor

On Apr 7, 2:23*pm, Ed Huntress wrote:

We low-buck racers used a bathroom scale and a 2 x 8 with a fulcrum. A
mess to set up, but it worked.

--
Ed Huntress

It is not a lot of money to make a cylinder out of aluminum, make a
piston using an O ring for the seal ,and connect it to a pressure
gage. I think we made a set of four and spent less than $10 per
wheel, not counting engineering and manufacturing time. It was worth
while for circle track racing where you were adjusting the suspension
often. Might not be worthwhile for sports cars.

Dan