Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Made a "Forklift Scale" for the working poor

Ignoramus32392 fired this volley in
:

I did hook all of that up yesterday, but did not yet play with this
due to lack of time, but I plan on doing so shortly.

Ig, since the math is simple (and you, especially, know that), I'd
suggest that instead of making up a table for your work-a-day weighing,
you do it only once to determine if there are any non-linearities (in the
gauge... the cylinder will be linear), then make a replacement SCALE for
the gauge itself.

If you don't want to disassemble the gauge, you can just make it from
transparent label stock, and stick it on the glass.

LLoyd