Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frederick Williams[_2_] Frederick Williams[_2_] is offline

Default Sizes of tap washers

Frederick Williams wrote:

I have just bought four tap washers from B&Q. They are made by Plumb
SURE and labelled "tap washers 3/4". They are 1" in diameter. Are they
wrongly labelled or is it that I don't know how tap washers are
dimensioned? What I want is a tap washer 3/4" in diameter. What should
I buy?

I have just found some Texas washers in the bottom of a tool box
labelled 1/2", they are 3/4" in diameter and fit perfectly.