Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_2_] amdx[_2_] is offline

Default GE Microwave JVM1540DM3WW Everything but Heat

On 4/5/2013 7:29 PM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
It's digital but you have to enter cooking times in this format
[time button] [enter the time] [time button] then [start]
It may be built around a soviet RPL calculator chipset.

It sounds as if whoever wrote the code didn't want to have to keep a
running calculation of the number of seconds -- just do it once with the
second [time button] press. Of course, it could have been done at
[start] just as well.

The GE Jet in my range hood has a simple and easily understood entry
system.

I'm amazed how many microwave ovens have confusing and complex
systems.

No kidding, just give me a knob that I can spin to the minutes I want.
Mikek