Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whoyakidding's ghost whoyakidding's ghost is offline

Default Headlights

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 01:23:13 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

Are there any regulations on these new brilliant blue car headlights?

No regulations whatsoever...trust me on this one...

Fact is, if you want to permanently blind oncoming traffic with a high
powered laser, no problemo...suggest just go for it !!!

They are obnoxious, distracting, and in some cases, they blind me. I do
not know if they are after market, or standard equipment, but is there
anything being said or done about them? I have never ridden or driven a
car with them. What's the big deal, or improvement over regular light
spectrum headlights?

They are about as obnoxious as people who drive with their four headlights
on, the mains on low, and the fog lights on, with 75 mile visibility.
Those are as bright as high beams on most cars, and totally unnecessary.
I have turned mine on about ten times since I bought my Dodge 2500 Ram new
in '06. What is the need for all that light other than "OOOOO LOOK AT
ME!"?

My name is Steve.
And I am a blithering idiot.

If only there was a service that would allow Steve to type his
blithering idiot questions into a search box in the privacy of his own
home...