Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_4_] DerbyBorn[_4_] is offline

Default Sizes of tap washers

harry wrote in news:1d86793a-1dc0-4ffb-a0a5-
:

On Apr 6, 10:34*pm, Frederick Williams
wrote:
I have just bought four tap washers from B&Q. *They are made by Plumb
SURE and labelled "tap washers 3/4". *They are 1" in diameter. *Are t

hey
wrongly labelled or is it that I don't know how tap washers are
dimensioned? *What I want is a tap washer 3/4" in diameter. *What sho

uld
I buy?

The hole the washers cover in a 3/4" tap is 3/4" so they have to be
that bit bigger in order to overlap on to the tap seat.

3/4"=22mm, the pipe size that goes to 3/4" bath taps.
1/2"=15mm, the pipe size that goes to 1/2" basin taps.
In traditional plumbing that is.

....then there are variations introduced by foreign manufacturers who have
made "manufacturer specific" washers.

Can you take the tap mechanism to the store?