Coyote-Rain Coyote-Rain is offline
Junior Member

Location: Hot and Dry So Cal

I appreciate all the answers. Especially the difference between refinishing and restoration.

I unfortunately don't know what kind of stripper we're using. We purchase new empty steel cans in the classroom and the instructor fills them up. I'll ask her this week though.

The chairs are somewhat collectible. They're mid-century modern, which is hot right now, and they're labled DUX, which is pretty well known. That's why I wanted to do a really good job on them.

Thank you all for your advice, and I will definitely take a trip to the library.
~Rain