Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default GE Microwave JVM1540DM3WW Everything but Heat

On Apr 6, 3:21*pm, Jerry Peters wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote:
It's digital but you have to enter cooking times in this format
[time button] [enter the time] [time button] then [start]
It may be built around a soviet RPL calculator chipset.

It sounds as if whoever wrote the code didn't want to have to keep a running
calculation of the number of seconds -- just do it once with the second [time
button] press. Of course, it could have been done at [start] just as well.

The GE Jet in my range hood has a simple and easily understood entry system.
I'm amazed how many microwave ovens have confusing and complex systems.

Couldn't aggree more. When my mehanical timer microwave went a few
years back I went around to the 4 or 5 different microwave ovens at
work to find the one that was simplest to use, then bought a very
similiar one of the same brand. Key in time, hit start.

* * * * Jerry

But you're robbing the design engineers the opportunity to demonstrate
how complicated a system they can design just to heat a bowl of soup.