Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Headlights

Are there any regulations on these new brilliant blue car headlights? They
are obnoxious, distracting, and in some cases, they blind me. I do not know
if they are after market, or standard equipment, but is there anything being
said or done about them? I have never ridden or driven a car with them.
What's the big deal, or improvement over regular light spectrum headlights?

They are about as obnoxious as people who drive with their four headlights
on, the mains on low, and the fog lights on, with 75 mile visibility. Those
are as bright as high beams on most cars, and totally unnecessary. I have
turned mine on about ten times since I bought my Dodge 2500 Ram new in '06.
What is the need for all that light other than "OOOOO LOOK AT ME!"?

Steve