Posted to uk.d-i-y,comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Darren Salt Darren Salt is offline

Default OT Raspberry-pi newsgroup starts

I demand that Graham Thurlwell may or may not have written...

On the 5 Apr 2013, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 05/04/13 12:30, Darren Salt wrote:
I demand that Mike Tomlinson may or may not have written...
En el artículo , John
Rumm escribió:
Looks rather devoid of messages at the moment!
Get posting then. A decent x86 emulator has just come out for it, and
it'll play Doom! What other reason do you need to get a Pi?
Why x86 emulation when you can (or should be able to) run a native build?

probably because a native build wont run on ARM?

There has been a RISC OS port of Doom for five, maybe even ten years.

More like 10, I think. I recall seeing its source being worked on at one
Wakefield show.

That runs on ARM. See https://sites.google.com/site/jeffreyadoggett/ for
example. There are even ports of Quake, Syndicate and Descent from
http://www.arsvcs.demon.co.uk/leisure/index.html among other people.

A few commands for those who still think otherwise:

$ apt-cache search doom
$ apt-cache search quake

[snip]
The real question is whether 'ArcElite' will run.

Well. 26-bit code, as others have said. Aemulor?

(I still have code to port...)

--
| _ | Darren Salt, using Debian GNU/Linux (and Android)
| ( ) |
| X | ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML e-mail
| / \ | http://www.asciiribbon.org/

He who believes the past cannot be changed has not yet written his memoirs.