Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default MDF tongue/groove wainscoting....nails AND glue?

On 4/6/2013 12:36 PM, dpb wrote:
On 4/6/2013 10:05 AM, Norminn wrote:
I'm planning on putting in wainscoting in dining area, now that I've
removed the dang wallpaper. I have choice of cutting 4x8 panels or using

That prompts another question...a few of the receptacles in the house
are loose, so that plugs slip out...can that be fixed or do we need to
replace them?

Look at some of the articles here...

http://www.finehomebuilding.com/how-to/departments/drawing-board/laying-out-wainscot-paneling.aspx?nterms=64330&ac=ts&ra=fp

There was one a couple-/three years ago by a fella' whose name I can't
recall otomh but is in Little Rock area about MDF-built wainscotting
that is well worth the cost even if you have to buy the article...

I'll see if I can find the Vol/No in the pile if get a chance...perhaps
you'll be lucky and local library carries FHB???

I have read instructions given by Tom on TOH. I just found a good tip
for doing outside corners in t/g--have the groove side of the panels
meet at the corners and glue in a 1/4" dowel so it looks like another bead.

Unless you're experienced and doesn't sound like are, I'd recommend
laying down the tools until you find and read said article...it's that
significantly good.

--

Exactement! C'est ce que je fais!! ;o)