Posted to alt.cellular.t-mobile,alt.cellular.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default Do they make a Motorola RAZR 5-pin USB 2.0 to mini-USB cable?

On 04/05/2013 01:59 PM, Francis C. wrote:
sms wrote:

If you could find a Mini USB cable with five wires you could modify it
as described at
http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-A-N/razrv3_charger_pinout.shtml but
you're unlikely to find such a cable unless you cut one off of a
Motorola compatible car charger (not sure if the resistor is inside the
Mini USB plug or inside the charger).

I was worried about that RESISTOR!

Nobody mentioned it, but you - but I did see the resistor in the original
specification!

So, can you confirm that simply getting a 5-pin cable won't help. Right?

It has to be a 5-pin cable with the Motorola-sized RESISTOR in it, right?

I have a later Motorola phone (W766) which usually requires a "charge
only" USB cable, which has the data lines shorted on the phone end.
Perhaps that would work with the RAZR.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Well, it's a type 'M' planet, so it should at least have
Roddenberries." -- Turanga Leela, Futurama