Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Unisaw arbor bearing replacement

On 4/6/2013 12:33 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/6/2013 12:29 PM, dpb wrote:
On 4/6/2013 12:02 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

What I'm actually more worried about is the weight of the top (I'll be
doing
this solo). With the wing removed I believe I can manage it. Any idea
what the
weight of the top is?

About 250 or less...I don't recall exact dimensions but they're roughly
27" deep by 40" including wing iirc. Presuming extension is 10" that's
27x30 and if assume 1" thick on average that's just a little over 200
lb. or so.

--

I think you are way over estimating, the motor and trunion will be a
majority of the weight and the top is not solid, typically it is about

A) Intended.

B) Is solid, but webbed.

OP can guesstimate as wishes from starting point if wants to get better
estimate by estimating webbing fraction. Starting w/ a 1" thickness
makes the ratioing easier.