Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Reloading Automation

RogerN wrote:
Tuesday I received my Lee LoadMaster progressive press for .223 Remington.
Adjusted and tested, weighed several powder charges, etc. I reloaded a few
cartridges last night and ran a small batch tonight, now I have 126 reloaded
cartridges plus 80 purchased. The 126 was the number of brass I had ready
to reload...

Some of my brass has crimped primers, I need to ream or swage them to the
correct shape. I have some other brass that has the Berdan sp primers. I
saw some info on the internet about drilling Berdan primers out to accept
regular primers.

Good luck with that. Berdan primed cases get sold as scrap by me. Just not worth the time
and effort to do all the work to convert them. It's FAR more work than just drilling them out.

Potential for further automation includes an escapement for case feeding and
a bullet feeder.

RogerN

--
Steve W.