Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default Incandescent versus fluorescent candle bulbs

En el artículo , Martin Brown
escribió:

There is some sideways but almost none upwards due to the heatsink
unless it is inside a lamp shade.

Thanks. It would be cap side down in the fitting (a coach lantern), so
most of the light would be pointing upward into the cap. Perhaps I
could line the cap with some alu foil to reflect the light.

Putting no light upwards is actually a
benefit in an exterior lighting situation avoiding light pollution.

It illuminates a path so I do need some light out the sides.

It won't put as much light sideways as a traditional filament bulb but
it may well provide enough and will be less dazzling. You would have to
try it and see - I am not easily impressed but I was by this unit.

I might well do that, or try another of the corn bulbs discussed
recently. The first one I got, a couple of years ago from China, is
very poor.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)