Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Do "roots in the sewer in the past" require disclosure?

"Bill Graham" wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:25:24 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

The EPA has strict rules about sewage flow, during rain it cant
exceed twice the normal flow, or something like that.

I think that deserves a citation. Note that many communities
(including NYC) only have one sewer system.

sewage rates are tripling their old rate to meet the new
requirements,

currently sewage costs far more than water

Maybe where you live.

Newer cities usually have a seperaqte sewer and storm drainage system.
but in the older ones, sometimes this isn't the case, and during heavy
rains, the system becomes overloaded with water, and the sewage treatment
plant has to be bypassed, and the water allowed to go in the river, lake,
or ocean without treatment. (information only.... I was almost a sewage
treatment plant operator before I became an engineer)

I got the tour from my brother many times. I'm not sure here, but the other
borough made their rounds checking all houses for proper exits. I just had
some interior work done. Always wondered how it was piped. Originally had
septic and clean water, which I guess the clean water went into the yard,
and clean water from roof.
Im sure Pittsburgh let's the flood gates open, but improvements were on the
way.
I pay a little less than 50% of my water bill for sewage.

Greg