Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Incandescent versus fluorescent candle bulbs

On 06/04/2013 04:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Martin Brown
escribió:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lighting-EVE...-Incandescent-
Replacement/dp/B007
3CY81U/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_t_2_A39D

It was too bright compared to an aging CFL they had got used to which
IMO was unsafely dim for at least 5 minutes after switching it on.

It looks like it directs all its light downward? I was thinking of a
LED bulb for the porch light, but that would need light to direct
sideways too.

There is some sideways but almost none upwards due to the heatsink
unless it is inside a lamp shade. Putting no light upwards is actually a
benefit in an exterior lighting situation avoiding light pollution.

It won't put as much light sideways as a traditional filament bulb but
it may well provide enough and will be less dazzling. You would have to
try it and see - I am not easily impressed but I was by this unit.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown