Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default GE Microwave JVM1540DM3WW Everything but Heat

I'd love to see what a large wedge would do to a modern
microwave oven, other than go right though the entire thing,
like a cup of to-go soup when the lids comes loose and it
instantly dissolves the paper bag you were holding seconds
earlier.

I have a near-end-of-American-manufacture LItton that's built like a tank.
Haven't used it in a few years, but it'll still be working when I'm dead. Only
problem is that the cavity's on the small side.

Even the Amana and Tappan units didn't have thousands of
screws holding them together. I've always been really curious
about how this oven was designed or who it was copied from.

It's possible all those screws were needed to compensate for sloppy
tolerances. But without tearing it apart, there's no way to know.