Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Auto Drip Coffee Makers

On Apr 5, 12:26*pm, "
wrote:
On Apr 5, 11:56*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Apr 5, 5:52*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 20:31:53 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Apr 4, 9:37*am, "badgolferman"
wrote:
Bob_Villa wrote:
I have a Mr.Coffee...one with all the extra buttons for delayed-brew,
clean ,etc. (model ISX43) The question: does the "regular/strong"
selection do anything? It appears to taste the same and take the same
time to brew!? Thanks!

My guess is the water sits in the basket longer with the STRONG
setting. *Not sure it actually produces a stronger brew though.

How would you make the watersit in the basket longer???

You restrict the hole that drains the water as it goes over the
grounds. *There is an optimum residence time for the water to extract
the coffee chemicals, as well as an optimal temperature. *Too long and
too hot makes crappy coffee as does too short and too cold.

This is what my wife useshttp://www.technivorm.com/

That's the url for Technivorm home page, not a specific model.

Do you use a model with a glass or thermal carafe?

We just switched to a thermal carafe and like the way it doesn't cook
the coffee. I can be less precise with the automatic start time since
I know it won't be cooking for an hour if I sleep a little later or if
there's a long time span before I grab a second cup.

Along with a burr grinder for truly fresh coffee.

This is how to get really good coffeehttp://www.scaa.org/?page=cert2-Hide quoted text -

I use a burr grinder and a French press.- Hide quoted text -

I use a French Press when I want to make a single cup of coffee just
for myself. That's usually a late night decaf.

While the water is boiling I spend the wait time setting up the drip
machine for the next morning's full pot.

Multitasking!