Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] michaelhenry@msn.com is offline

Default Strut/channel foot?

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 00:38:03 -0700, DaveC wrote:

Does Superstrut or other strut/channel system make a 90-degree segment that
can be used as a foot? This shelf system from Ikea is similar to what I'm
trying to do in my lab with my existing collection of strut pieces:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...DER+1+section%
2FL-foot+with+4+shelves

Note, I only need the horizontal foot segment (about 12 or 18 inches long)
that has a square hole on the top that the vertical strut just drops into.
I've got everything else.

I'm using 1-5/8 inch (~42 mm) square strut.

I've searched Grainger and others but see nothing like this.

I'd like to buy off-the-shelf rather than weld one...

Thanks.

Try Unistrut or B-Line. They both make the type of strut that you are
talking about and their downloadable catalogs will give you more
choices than you will ever need.

McMaster-Carr lists a small selection in their catalog, but may be
able to special order annything they don't list. if you are near a
major city there are probably distributors of either Unistrut or
B-Line nearby.

http://www.unistrut.us/

http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...d_framing.html