Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Incandescent versus fluorescent candle bulbs

On 05/04/2013 15:45, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:

I was recently caught out by a 10W LED nominal 60W lamp I substituted
for a nominal 60W CFL on my parents stairs where the slow start was a
hazard. It was *too bright* I had to get a 40W LED equivalent instead!

Was it that the illuminated area was deemed too bright, or the
actual lamp?

Out of curiosity, what lamp was it?

Lighting Ever 10W LED 810Lumen the new one is 830Lumen. Samsung chipset.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lighting-EVE..._ee_p_t_2_A39D

It was too bright compared to an aging CFL they had got used to which
IMO was unsafely dim for at least 5 minutes after switching it on.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown