J. Clarke

Default Solid Surface supplier ????????????????????

Rick Samuel wrote:

I work with epoxy and glass & graphite fibers. Epoxy is
almost $1000/qt, fibers about $100/lb. Rings
weigh around 350-400lbs. Yes, there is only ONE way to do
some things.

Oh? You developed the process yourself? If not, then how do you know that
it is the only one possible?

There is, in engineering, seldom only one way to do a job. However when it
is time to cut chips, you have to pick one of the alternatives and put it
on the specs and on the drawings and in the work sheets and wherever else
it needs to be.

So, there are probably several ways to do whatever you do with your
mysterious "rings". Find the engineer who came up with the process and if
he's the friendly and talkative sort ask him what alternatives were
considered and why the one you use was chosen and you may get a surprise.

J. Clarke wrote:

Unisaw A100 wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:

I note that neither of you has given any indication that solvent
cementing using methylene chloride and Corian dust will be
unsatisfactory in any
manner whatsoever. Do you have any reason to believe that it will?

Only by DuPont's standards.

Meaningless statement. Says you have no experience, no test results, no
theory, nothing to suggest that there might be a problem, all that you
know is that DuPont told you one way to do a job and so to your way of
thinking that is the only possible way to do it.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)