Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Incandescent versus fluorescent candle bulbs

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 09:27:07 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I've always thought that bulbs pretending to be candles was a bit odd as a
concept. If you want candles then surely in this age we could come up with a
safe device that actually looked like a real candle.
The one issue with hyour senario is that you have to factor in the less
efficiency of the filament bulbs into the costs, but as you are not
replacing all of them I'd definitely suggest the filament idea is the best.
Then when you replace the lights themselves in several years you can make a
decision depending on the technology of the day.

Exactly. And I may well be moving before the new filament bulb has
even done 4 years. Even if it packs up after 2 years, at 50p a pop
when buying a multipack from Amazon is as cheap as chips.

MM