Posted to misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Ned Flanders[_2_] Ned Flanders[_2_] is offline

Default Time and a half for over 40 hours

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.ehow.com/list_6734806_geo...ours-work.html

My niece just started working for a company yesterday. She is working
in a convenient store that also sells gas. She has almost no job
experience. She says her boss does not pay time and a half for over
40 hours.

I am assuming that if she says anything, the boss will just quit
telling her to come in. What is the best way to address this problem?

It seems her hands maybe tied if she wants to stick it out for a while.

My wife went in to a business for a shift on a trial bases. After the
one 9 hour shift (she was asked to stay extra) my wife decided she could
not work there because of the owners constantly barking dog and crying
baby (and this was in a shop in a mall?)...

Two weeks later she had not been paid so she emailed the woman asking
for her 8 hours pay and one hour OT. The woman told her she does not
pay OT.

My wife emailed her back with a copy of the labour laws... a week later
she received a cheque in the mail for the correct amount.

Sometimes owners or managers need a reminder of the labour laws.