Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default any way to effectively rid Gorilla tape odor?

On Apr 4, 6:29*pm, gregz wrote:
Bill Cheeseman wrote:
On 04/04/2013 11:26 AM, nestork wrote:
Bill Cheeseman;3041269 Wrote:
Had a project to do recently and decided to use Gorilla tape as duct
tape just wouldn't have been strong enough. *I am left with a problem
however: odor! *The smell from the tape is bad enough that it has
triggered my sinuses and my eyes are irritated at times. *Unfortunately,

the project is too detailed to have to start over again. *Is there any
way to stop the odor from this tape and leave the tape intact?

It's probably because the backing of the Gorilla tape is porous and the
solvents from the glue are evaporating through the back of the tape.

About the only thing I can think of are either improved ventillation or
to cover your Gorilla tape with packaging tape (which does have an
impermeable plastic backing:
[image:
http://www.bswtape.com.cn/upload/Cn_...514792756.jpg]

Thanks for the info. *Unfortunately, the way the project was completed, it is nearly
impossible to go back and cover up the Gorilla tape. *Well, at least not easily possible
as the entire item would have to be disassembled first. *One thing I'm
wondering about and maybe you can answer is, will this smell decay over
time? *I just applied the tape yesterday so it's fresh, but on the other
hand if it's going to take weeks or months, then I'll go with your
suggestion. *One other alternative I was thinking about that would not
require disassembly: *do you think I could spray the areas with the spray
version of liquid electrical tape? *It would leave the rubberized coating
wherever I sprayed it and it would be easier to apply than packing tape..

Bill

I'll give the right answer, but you got to show a picture of what your
doing.
I hope its not bondage. !!

Greg- Hide quoted text -

What about spraying with polyurethane??