Lobby Dosser

Default Grizzly vs Harbor Freight: is there really much difference?

(Hylourgos) wrote in
om:

snip

[Again, I feel the need to inject the apples/oranges metaphor. I would
not buy a HF CMS or grinder for any amount of money, even though some
on the wreck are happy with them]. It just seems common sense which
machines at HF are worth comparing to Grizzly and which aren't. For
the ones that are, I'm trying to understand if they are the same
machines, essentially, and the markup is owing to Grizzly's QC, or if
they are really different machines.

It's not only QC, but the specs laid down by Grizzly vs HF. Flattness of
tables, motor windings, thickness of case materials, etc. Both products
can be built in the same factory, by the same workers, look very similar,
but be very different in terms of fit and finish, warranty, and ability
to stand up under heavy use. The Chinese have been doing this for years.

Cheers,

snip