Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Microwave from Sears / Kmart

On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 21:47:04 -0400, wrote:

I know someone that manages a Sears service department. They do have
some really good techs, but they also have some real hacks and absurd
policies. He says it is a crap shoot. 20 years ago it was much better.
#1 goal used to be customer satisfaction, now #1 is profit. Nothing
new.

You think it's different anywhere else??? Training has gone the way of
the Dodo bird, and nobody cares about quality or sustomer service
anymore.

At a chain store? No. At a local store? Yes. We have one in town
with the same service guy for 20+ years, another that does propane
appliances and installs, same guy for 30+ years.

Last appliance I bought was a clothes dryer. Local guy was $20 more
than Home Depot, but the delivery and hookup were done the same day at
our convenience.