Dave

Default Recycling - how do others cope?

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 15:10:12 UTC, "David Hearn"
wrote:

Rinsing takes practically no water if you do it at the end of the

washing up
in the not-so-clean water. Enough to stop it smelling and makes it

clean
enough for recycling.

But if you have a dishwasher, that not-so-clean water is inaccessible.

I don't mind recycling....but my council have made it MUCH less
practical to do.

Much like mine, with paper collections.
They issued us with green plastic boxes that weigh, when full of news
papers, enough to make a healthy man wince at the weight. When the paper
gets wet, when waiting for collection, what are the 'bin' men going to have
to lift. I can see some of the heavier boxes getting left at the edge of the
house holder's property as being too heavy for them to carry.

The whole scheme would have been better thought out by putting paper
re-cycling bins on some street corners, rather that issuing each house with
a small box to be put out for collection.

My local council started paper collections last year, but I have not seen
any collections for well over 6 months now.

Dave