Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave from Sears / Kmart

On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 22:41:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 07:47:44 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Because of what my father told me about his experiences with Sears
repair service, when I bought a new washer a few years ago and
it had a chipped tub, I exchanged it rather than have Sears fix it, and
when its replacement made funny noises, I exchanged that one, too.

At least Sears still has a parts & service division, unlike crowd favorites
Target and Walmart.

But Target and WM don't sell appliances. Last place I'd buy an
appliance is Sears. Try your local appliance store that has a real
service guy working for them.

I wouldn't put Sears last - at least in Canada. I'd buy from Sears
Brand Central before Home Despot or Future Schlock - but I do prefer
buying from the locally owned T/A Warehouse - where I have bought my
last stove, refrigerator, washer, drier, and gas BarBQ. They have a
well-supplied parts department as well as repair techs. On the Samsung
washer and drier they had a 5 year extended warranty with a twist - no
claims you get half the cost of the warranty back in store credit at
the end..
I buy my TV and audio stuff from a local dealer (Gibson Sound and
Audio or Steve's TV) as well. - what I don't get at Garage sales.