Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Office Desk is F I N I S H E D, whew!

On 4/3/2013 4:17 PM, Han wrote:
Leon wrote in
:

Han wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in

.25".

At first I was going to ask you how you got the 1/4" oak, but just
for kicks googled 1/4" oak, and ended up at Rocklers (which gets too
much of my money already).

Since I don't have a really good bandsaw, I must ask which Laguna you
have, but I'm pretty sure my hobbyist needs won't warrant the
investment. Nevertheless, what Laguna bandsaw do you have?

The expensive one. :-). Seriously., I has a Craftsman for many years
and avoided using it because it had to be set up every time I used it.
Replaced it with an 18" Rikon and still was not happy. I was
especially not happy with the roller guides on the Rikon. While roller
guides seem to make perfect sense they ended up being noisy and
vibrated when dirty. Then I saw the Laguna and it's 10 point ceramic
guides and I have been very happy with the saw.

It is the LT 16 HD with the 4.5 hp Baldor motor. There are much les
expensive models available.

http://www.lagunatools.com/bandsaws/bandsaw-lt16hd#

I'm sure it makes sense for you, but those are Festool prices!!

It really did not make sense, however I use the saw much much more than
the previous two. I wanted a saw that would perform when called on to
do so vs. one that would need to be tweaked every time I needed to use it.