Mark & Juanita

Default Solid Surface supplier ????????????????????

On Sun, 30 May 2004 16:50:49 -0600, Alan Bierbaum
wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2004 22:19:43 GMT, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2004 15:05:41 -0600, Alan Bierbaum
wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2004 20:36:39 GMT, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

snip

.... snip
Not as single crystals. However, as quartz rock, it is available:
http://www.cambriausa.com/consumer/ This was the only link I have found
thus far that uses solid stone vs. ground up and reformulated stone.

.... more snip

If you read the cited articles; you will notice that they talk of
"engineered stone" - this is not a natural product; it is fabricated
by some type of glue and stone and quartz particles.

Alan Bierbaum

Yep, you're right. After more careful inspection, it appears that this
is also engineered material. Funny thing, you really have to dig to find
that, looking at the first parts of their web pages, you get quotes such
as, "CAMBRIA is pure natural Quartz stone mined out of the earth. It has
the look and feel of granite with superior performance." That's from the
Product Info page, From the how we compare page, in the table it lists
both Cambria and Granite as "Natural Stone". Yeah, "natural" as in ground
up with epoxy binders -- just like MDF is "natural wood". Kind of
misleading.

Thanks for helping set me straight -- looks like granite is still the top
of choice if one desires natural stone that is less porous than marble.