Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default what are you guys using for rust removal/paint prep?

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:05:35 AM UTC-4, Nate Nagel wrote:
"Evapo-Rust" doesn't seem to have done much of anything overnight,
probably because it's so damn cold here. I've been leaving parts inside
then taking them out to spray them and putting them back inside to
dry...

The Evapo-Rust product I'm familiar with comes in quart or gallon jugs, and the part needs to be SUBMERGED in it, similar to the electrolysis tank.

Yeah the washing soda and phosphoric acid are getting harder to find due to environmental regulations.

Believe it or not BAKING soda is a workable substitute in the electrolysis tank.

Basically if it don't fit in the tank, you need a bigger tank.