Posted to alt.home.repair
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default Electric Stove

I have a mostly still good electric range with burners on the top - not the new flat top kind. Anyway, one of the elements came loose from the part that holds it together so I ordered a new one. Now I have a problem of a different kind. When I turn it on high to heat it up, its o.k., but when I lower the temp .. it sometimes stays on high. Other times, I start it on medium heat and it will go to high... and sometimes it works just fine. My question is -- is the problem with the element or is it with the stove where the connection is? I hate to have to buy a new stove but I am a little wary about it now. What if someone who doesn't know about the problem turns it on? Everything else is o.k.