Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Office Desk is F I N I S H E D, whew!

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 4/3/2013 11:23 AM, Han wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

This project has come to a close and adds to our collection of, too
damn big" furniture.

Anyway I may add some accent lighting to the upper unit and I need
to address the wires under the desk top, I have plenty of support
under the desk top that I could hang the wiring, sub wolfer, and
UPS.

I think I may eventually extend the top trim out another layer and
put LED ribbon lighting under it's edge and or add the same type
lighting along the bottom rail just above the monitor. That may be
too close and cause glare, maybe not.

So here is a shot of the desk from a distance just outside the
office. The desk and top are about 86" tall, and 96" wide. The desk
top is 34" deep. I am happy with all of the arcs, the top rails of
each desk drawer, the gradual one just under the desk top in front,
it has another 3/4" rail, attached just behind it and there are 3
more pairs of rails behind that. And I am especially happy with the
ark created from the door top rails that integrate with the cubby
top face frame rail.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...3717/lightbox/

From inside the office straight into the desk top,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...3232/lightbox/

And a couple of close ups of the in/out boxes in the top. I used
the Incra iBox jig to cut assist with cutting the box joints for the
boxes.
The whistling boxes are a 1/4" white oak.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...3816/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...6151/lightbox/

Beautiful!! Now I found the Rockler lumber section and saw 1/4"woods
there!!

Drive-by warning...

First off Thank you!

I resawed 4/4 s4s on my Laguna BS with a 1.25" Resaw King blade and
then did a touch up at the drum sander to bring the final thickness to
.25".

At first I was going to ask you how you got the 1/4" oak, but just for
kicks googled 1/4" oak, and ended up at Rocklers (which gets too much of
my money already).

Since I don't have a really good bandsaw, I must ask which Laguna you
have, but I'm pretty sure my hobbyist needs won't warrant the investment.
Nevertheless, what Laguna bandsaw do you have?
--
Best regards
Han