Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Office Desk is F I N I S H E D, whew!

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:02:55 AM UTC-7, Leon wrote:
On 4/3/2013 11:25 AM, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 7:58:06 AM UTC-7, Leon wrote:

This project has come to a close and adds to our collection of, too damn

big" furniture.

Great design and great execution. Remind, what is the finish?

Thank you!

I used Old Masters Gel varnish, applied with a folded Scotts blue shop

paper towel and excess wiped with the same. 3 coats.

http://www.myoldmasters.com/products...ed-gelpoly.htm

Never seen this brand it before. Looks good on the desk. I use wiping poly on heavy wear items like desk tops. Maybe I'll try gel varnish next time. I have used gel stain and liked it.